Livingston, Ala. — As the cold weather continues to sweep across the general Southeast area, the food ideas are becoming warmer and homier. Everyone continues to look for the hassle-free recipe, and crockpots come to the rescue. This week, instead of the easy-five ingredients, we are going to try six items, and use ground beef. Cheesy Tater Tot Casserole is sure to be a new favorite.
- 1 lb of ground beef (browned)
- 1 can Rotel (mild, but based on your taste preference)
- 1 32 oz bag of frozen Tater Tots (can be 16oz or 5lb, but this size adds a nice mix)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 small onion
- 2 ½ cups of cheddar cheese (shredded)
- In a large skillet, brown the 1lb of ground beef. While this is cooking, begin to chop the onion, and open the can of Rotel. Drain the beef, and replace it in the skillet; then add the onion and Rotel.
- Grease the inside of crockpot, and turn onto a low setting.
- Pour the beef mixture into the crockpot.
- Add in the cream of chicken soup while constantly stirring. Take out 1 cup of cheddar cheese to add into the mixture; pour in, and continue to stir until cheese is completely melted into the dish.
- Once mixed thoroughly, add a bed of tater tots along the top of the dish and place the lid on top.
- Keep on low setting, and cook the mixture for 2-3 hours.
- At least 30 minutes before serving, add to the top cheddar cheese, so it will be melted on top when served.