Rarely does a college student go to bed feeling like he or she accomplished everything he or she wanted. School is not the only thing that students battle, as clubs, honor societies, hobbies, sports and other activities can take up just as much time.

When asked about their days, 68 percent of UWA students polled indicated that they rarely accomplish everything they needed to, with the other 32 percent never completing their full list of tasks each day.

If you struggle with these same feelings of defeat, here are a few tips on how to conquer your day:

Make your bed as soon as you get up

In Charles Duhigg’s book The Power of Habit, the author suggests that making your bed in the morning can lead to other good decisions throughout the day. Making your bed is a simple, but often overlooked task. Progressing to the next item on your to-do list may seem easier if you make your bed first thing in the morning.

Give yourself time to think

Mornings are often groggy and rushed. According to an article from “Experience Life”, a calm morning ritual can reduce your anxiety. If you give yourself an extra 30 minutes to be productive in some way, it can change your whole day. You also won’t feel rushed getting to class or work on time because you will be able to think out your day.

Make a to-do list

Making a schedule almost never works because our days can be unpredictable. Making a daily to-do list is the right way to go. You can lay out the tasks you need to accomplish so that when you have free time, you can reference your list to figure out how to fill that time the most effectively.

Learn to say no

Life is busy when you are in college. Opportunities pop up all the time, but it is not wise to say yes to every one. If you have more than enough to do, just politely refuse. It is important to integrate personal time into your daily schedule, and filling your day with countless responsibilities takes away from that.

Get some sleep

Lack of sleep really can affect you negatively. According to WebMD, sleep deprivation can have some of the same side effects as drinking alcohol in terms of reaction time and judgment. Lack of sleep can also cause impaired attention, risky health problems, depression, faster-aging skin, forgetfulness, and weight gain.

Challenge yourself to do these 5 things this week and watch how it can affect your everyday life!

%d bloggers like this:
Visit Us On FacebookVisit Us On InstagramVisit Us On Twitter